Busy, fast paced healthcare market research environment in rapidly growing and competitive industry.
SUMMARY OF WORK RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESIRED OUTCOMES:
The Account Director (AD) is responsible for:
- Retention of an assigned client base through professional service delivery and management of existing client relationships. This will be achieved through: in-depth knowledge of existing client contracts and service level agreements; regular key account reviews to ensure volumes and targets are being achieved and regular client contact. Participation in development of sales proposals and presentations, and active participation in and/or leadership of contract or service renewal activities.
- Liaison with and at times leadership of the NRC Picker Canada Service and Sales teams and NRC US-based teams in order to successfully fulfil the desired work results, including: client on-boarding; selection/development of survey tools, methods and sample plans; direction to NRC Service Team for project deliverables; and final reporting to clients. May also include coordination and provision of research and quality improvement services to clients.
- Growing the revenue within the existing/assigned client base in order to achieve the sales and profit goals for the corporation. In doing so, the AD will prepare sales proposal and presentations, and actively participate in required sales processes.
- Leadership of targeted project initiatives or projects aimed at service or tool improvement or development. This includes Survey User Groups, process improvements and research projects.
This dynamic and entrepreneurial individual will continue to establish and support the vision, values and strategy of the NRCC products/services.
The AD must have exceptional communication and presentation skills, strong analytics, ability to easily interact with client stakeholders from front line to C-Suite and gain their respect and trust. In addition the AD must possess the ability to learn quickly, and have excellent service and sales experience.
The position will report to the Vice President, Service and Operations and be based at NRCC headquarters located in Markham, Ontario.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
Client Maintenance and Customer Service
- Serves as the primary contact for an assigned (existing) client base/book of business.
- Retains assigned (existing) client base/book of business based on excellence in customer service and relationship maintenance.
- Understands clients’ objectives, initiatives, and strategic goals and how NRC may contribute to achieving said goals through partnership. And based on this, proactively offers solutions (products/services) to meet client needs e.g. identifies opportunities to improve response rates, timeliness of reporting, strategies for quality improvement, etc.
- Is fully aware of service deliverables and service level agreements articulated in client contracts and confirmation of work (COW) and provides leadership and direction to NRC Service Team to ensure deliverables are met.
- Provides training and consultation to clients on interpretation and use of survey data and use of our improvement products for quality improvement and patient-centered care e.g. eReports/Catalyst training
- Strategically works with clients’ to use NRC deliverables to improve patient/employee/physician experiences
Key Account Review / Project Renewal
- Conducts key account review for assigned clients/ book of business
- Ensures client information in NRC CRM system is current and up-to-date
- Provides direction to (and requests information from) Project Managers and other service team members for renewal/upsell opportunities, including regular review of survey volumes in order to avoid unmet targets
- Establishes timelines and leads client renewal and up sell strategy and processes
- Tracks progress in NRC CRM system and shares results/performance metrics with leadership team
- Facilitates client meetings, identifies client requirements, gathers required information for project renewal including negotiation of tools, methods and project schedule for custom and standard products
- Ensures implementation manual is up to date and relevant to meet client needs
- Develops COW for renewal of projects
Achievement of Renewal/Upsell Targets
- Is accountable for and appropriately tracks attainment of quarterly activity goals and revenue targets
- Identifies issues and/or improvement opportunities with project or delivery of services and generates solutions and recommendations to resolve issues.
- Interfaces proactively with all support departments, in Canada and the USA, to obtain best results for all client renewals, up sells and new sales.
- Promotes and leverages the NRCC name and resources to maximum advantage.
- Ensures client communications are effective and communicating the benefits of NRCC products and/or services.
- As required, updates clients on new information regarding public reporting initiatives, industry trends, and NRC / NRCC initiatives, etc.
- Position requires travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Demonstrates professionalism, customer service and service excellence approach to all efforts.
- Promotes NRCC culture, values and management philosophy.
- Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting NRCC business goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the importance of effective leadership in meeting the targets set forth in the performance plan.
- Represents NRCC both professionally and ethically at all times.
- Acts as a positive role model.