September 7-9, 2014
San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
San Diego California
The 20th Annual Patient-Centered Care Symposium was held on September 7-9, 2014 in San Diego, California. Healthcare innovators gathered at the San Diego Marriot Marquis & Marina for three information-packed days dedicated to empowering providers with key drivers for building a culture of patient-centered care.
Symposium attendees had the opportunity to:
- Identify how harnessing happiness can be used to inspire action in an organization.
- Demonstrate how compassionate communication enhances patient outcomes, CAHPS scores, employee engagement, patient safety, market share, and the organization’s financial health.
- Describe how to effectively use patient experience stories to motivate providers and staff to provide outstanding patient-centered care.
- Define how a healthcare team that is less stressed and more aligned can be inspired, be collaborative, and gain greater gratification from their caring work.
- See an exclusive screening of the 2014 Sundance Audience Award-winning documentary, Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory. Watch the trailer:
“The National Research Corporation annual symposium is a wonderful venue to connect with colleagues and share experiences that bring out the very best in healthcare delivery.”
Mercy Medical Center
“The symposium offered a broad and highly relevant lineup of topics and speakers, ALL having a powerful impact on the patient's experience. I left (as always) inspired for action and hopeful that new knowledge will lead to better care for those we serve.”